Tuesday, November 20, 2012

ISIS Mobile Wallet: Is It Going To Catch On?

Why Hello ISIS!

I have seen EVERYWHERE in Utah billboards, commercials, ads on the side of busses, stands at sporting events (at U of U games and Jazz games) all promoting ISIS mobile wallet. They first got my attention with a great commercial that is a dog chasing a cat through a grocery store, but its all in slow motion going backwards. When I found out what it was my first reaction was, "Good luck, its not going to catch on."

Why It Wouldn't Catch On

The reason why I didn't think it wouldn't catch on was because they would have to monopolize the readers in every store. If a customer was required to still use their wallet (because there wasn't an ISIS mobile wallet reader where they were shopping) I wouldn't see what the benefit of using this app was. Yes its cool and its innovation but I wouldn't religiously use the app especially if I quickly found out that the places I shop don't use the reader. I habitually purchase with my wallet, cash and physically credit cards and don't see me breaking away from doing that until something else becomes easier and more consistent.

Benefits That Would Make Me Want to Use the App

I then saw a commercial showing that ISIS seems to be like a Groupon built into it that you can get deals by just using the app at certain places that you shop. This could be a big incentive to why people  would want to use it while ISIS is building the retailers that carry their device.

Another big incentive is the security of putting your credit cards on your phone is that if you loose your phone you'll know and you can go onto their website and lock your account, if you phone doesn't have the ability to lock itself. Unlike a wallet or a credit card that you don't use continually, like your smart phone, you wouldn't notice it was gone until you went to pay for something again.. Even if youhave your wallet with you who is to say that you didn't leave your credit card at the restaurant or at the store you were just at?

ISIS isn't on Sprint?

While trying to do my research of seeing how the app worked I quickly learned that this app isn't available on Sprint  but it is available on T-Mobile, Verizon, and AT&T. I have not been able to use the app but I honestly hope that it catches on and that it comes to Sprint. I would love to check it out. For those of you who have used it or are going to check it out after reading this, please let me know in the comments below what you think.

Here is the commercial I told you about at the beginning for those of you who haven't seen it:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment